You can vote for members of the CSFN if you are a French-language rights holder, by meeting one of the criteria mentioned in article 23 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms:
- Your native language is French (the first language learned and still understood);
- You received your education at the elementary level in a French-language education institution in Canada;
- You are the parent (guardian) of a child who has received or receives their education at the elementary or secondary level in a French-language education institution in Canada.
AND you are:
- 18 years old or older
- Resident of Nunavut for at least one year
- Not voting in any other DEA election
The only school currently administered by the CSFN is in Iqaluit, however any person in Nunavut who is eligible may vote in CSFN elections. The Minister of Education may assist Elections Nunavut in registering voters for the CSFN elections.